Clinics & Services
All GP Practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill patients. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child Health Surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive Services (IUCD and Implants fitting & removal) are provided by appointment with Dr Stephens.
- Routine Immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Travel immunisations (please note that not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS. You should discuss your needs with the Practice Nurse)
- Cervical smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual ‘flu immunisation programme to protect all patients aged 65 and over and those clinically ‘at risk’.
- Minor surgery including injections and some small invasive procedures
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems
- Annual comprehensive reviews for all patients with Heart Disease
- Annual comprehensive reviews for all patients with a history of Stroke/TIA
- Annual comprehensive reviews for all patients with Diabetes – this also includes appointments with the Dietitian and Podiatrist
The following Clinics/Services are available within the Practice:
- Diabetic – Dr Stillman/Practice Nurse (by appointment – see GP in 1st instance)
- Child Health Surveillance/Post Natal – Health Visitor/Dr Irving on Wednesday 10:00 – 11:00 (appointment arranged by Health Visitor).
- Warts – Dr Ewart at routine appointment.
- Childhood Vaccinations – Health Visitor 1st & 2nd Wednesday afternoons in month (appointments sent by Health Board)
- Minor Operations - (by appointment – see GP in 1st instance).